Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 2 of the fabulous NZ (my earlier post was from yesterday)

Today I was able to meet up with my friend, Heather, who is teaching at Cockle Bay as well! We walked into town and got some coffee. I got a "flat white" (my second one today!) and the best eclair I have ever tasted in my life!  







I also got my first NZ money today. It's so colorful that it looks fake. I learned an interesting fact about their money as well; it is waterproof! Technically we can get US dollars wet, but they can rip and get destroyed easily that way. They also have $1 and $2 coins! It is strange to think that a coin can have a higher value than $1. 

A $50, $20, .50 coin, and $1 coin


I finally made it to the beach today! I know it's still cold out, but I couldn't resist taking my shoes off and walking in. The water was really cold and my feet got a little numb, but it was worth it. 




The water was so cold!



I'm so happy to have someone to share some of these awesome experiences with :) 


I faced two of my biggest fears today. 1: Finding my way around without Siri telling me which way to go, and 2: the dark.  That is because I had to walk home alone after hanging out with Heather. It wasn't even scary, and I only got lost once! Luckily I had a real life Siri (Heather) to call and ask for help!!! Tomorrow I'm going to take a bus and find my way to somewhere fun. Maybe I will go into Auckland to explore, or maybe I will tramp (hike) up and extinct volcano! Whatever I choose, I'm sure it will be fun and I will take plenty of pictures! 



Some terms for you to ponder the meaning of:

- Rubber
- Boot
- Pram (okay so this one isn't so difficult)
- Trollie 
- Togs
- Muesli
- Tomato sauce (this one isn't so difficult either)


*If you really want to know the answers, Facebook message me and ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment